|Published:||Jan 07, 2011 9:19 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 07, 2011 6:19 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Former Gov. Charlie Crist is joining the high-profile Morgan & Morgan law firm.
The marriage of "the people's governor" with law firm that claims in TV commercials to be "for the people" was anticipated. The firm is run by John Morgan, a longtime Crist political supporter.
Crist, who was a lawyer before he entered politics, says he plans to work mostly in his hometown of St. Petersburg. He said he also hopes to become a guest lecturer at the Stetson University College of Law.
The announcement was made Friday morning at a law firm breakfast in Orlando.
--- Information from: St. Petersburg Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim