The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying a desperate burglar that was caught in the act but managed to get away.
On Thursday, December 30, 2010, at 10:38 p.m., the Lee County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residential burglary that had just occurred. The male and female victims arrived home to find a strange car in their driveway, their front door ajar, and a thief inside their residence. The male victim confronted the suspect in the driveway and a physical altercation began. The suspect was able to get into his vehicle and proceeded to ram his car into the victim’s vehicle. The female victim sustained minor injuries as she and her 7 week old infant were inside the vehicle when it was rammed. The male victim continued attempts to detain the suspect through the open driver’s side window and was dragged as the suspect drove across the front yard. The male victim suffered a broken right hand and a lot of bruises, cuts, and scrapes from the incident.
The incident occurred on the 4700 block of 22nd Street SW in Lehigh Acres. The vehicle and suspect descriptions are listed below:
· Late 90’s Pontiac Sunfire (or similar)
· Dark in color, but sun faded, peeling and cracking to the point it almost looks gray.
· Dark tint and missing a hub cap on the driver’s side (unknown which tire), factory rim on the other tire.
Suspect: (see composites)
· Hispanic male in his 20’s or early 30’s
· Approximately 5’09”, 185-215 pounds with “light eyes”
· Spoke good English, but had a Spanish tone to it
· May have sustained minor injuries such as scratches and bruises in the altercation
· Light mustache and scruffy beard, looked unshaven at the time. (Suspect may have shaved by now).