|Published:||Jan 06, 2011 4:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 06, 2011 1:13 AM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. - A stretch of road in Bonita Springs known for catching those with a lead foot may soon get a new speed limit.
It's a mile long area, right after Livingston Road turns into Imperial Parkway, from Bonita Beach Road heading north to East Terry Street.
The City is thinking of raising the speed from 35 to 45 miles per hour. Some people say the increase is needed to stay consistent with the rest of the road, others call is dangerous.
In the end, the council voted to keep the speed limit at 35mph.
RENEE STOLL, REPORTER
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis