|Published:||Jan 05, 2011 5:03 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 05, 2011 2:03 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - If you itemize your taxes, and are itching to get a quick return this year from Uncle Sam... you may have to wait longer than you'd like.
The IRS is extending the final day to file your taxes to April 18th.
This is not because of a previously announced processing delay, but moreso to observe Emancipation day.
The processing delay will affect you if you itemize your taxes - the IRS must re-do their forms and they won't be available until mid-February (rather than January 18th), hence delaying the timeframe you file.
Which could also delay the amount of time it takes for you to get your return back.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral