TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Republican Rick Scott is now Florida's 45th governor, telling Floridians how he plans to bring more jobs to the state.
Scott said in prepared remarks Tuesday that three forces markedly reduce the chance for businesses to succeed: taxation, regulation and litigation.
He called them "The Axis of Unemployment."
His said his goal is to phase out the corporate income tax, reduce property taxes, eliminate unnecessary regulations and further protect companies from lawsuits.
He replaces Gov. Charlie Crist. Also taking her oath was Jennifer Carroll, who became Florida's first black lieutenant governor and the first woman elected to the position.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th