|Published:||Jan 05, 2011 11:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 05, 2011 8:23 PM EST|
FORT MYERS-- On Wednesday, January 5, 2011, at approximately 2:41 P.M., deputies with the Lee County Sheriff's Office responded to Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, near Lover's Key, in reference to a two vehicle accident. The vehicles involved were a motorcycle and Chevy Suburban.
The driver of the motorcycle was transported to a local hospital, where the individual later died as a result of injuries suffered during the crash. The investigation reveals the motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet. The victim in this afternoon’s fatal accident has been identified as Dennis J. Bedard of Bonita Springs.
The driver of the Chevy Suburban was not injured.
Due to the nature of the incident, Traffic Homicide Detectives with the Lee County Sheriff's Office Traffic Unit have assumed the investigation.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect