|Published:||Jan 04, 2011 12:42 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 03, 2011 9:42 PM EST|
SUNCOAST ESTATES, FL- Deputies say a man was beaten and held against his will in a trailer in North Fort Myers.
An anonymous caller tipped of deputies.
"We saw that the cops had the trailer back there surrounded, and they had their guns drawn."
Suncoast estates resident Stacy Decker watched the commotion from her back window.
"We were terrified."
Witnesses say deputies were shouting for those inside the trailer to come out.
"We heard the door break open and we heard glass breaking. They went in after them."
They saw this man, Rodny Fenelus a Miami resident, brought out in handcuffs.
Shortly after, another man was brought out on a stretcher.
"They called an ambulance, had an ambulance come out, and they took him out on a stretcher."
Deputies say Miami resident Sonie Brifil had been beaten and held against his will for two days in the trailer.
"All I know, he got beat up and tied up"
Deputies tell us he had a broken hand, a broken wrist, a broken ankle, and a stab wound.
Brifil was able to tell deputies that Fenelus and other unidentified suspects beaten him with a bat.
Even neighbors living right next door say they didn't hear a thing.
"I didn't know anything about that."
That doesn't mean everyone is surprised. Some neighbors we talked to tell us they suspect drug activity.
"They had a lot of traffic in and out before this."
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk