|Published:||Jan 04, 2011 5:31 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 04, 2011 2:31 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY-- Miguel Alberto Rodriguez, 44, 160 Golden Gate Blvd. East, Golden Gate Estates, was arrested in Miami-Dade County over the weekend on a warrant charging him with scheme to defraud and patient brokering .
A year long investigation targeting insurance fraud has resulted in now 13 arrests connected with four Collier County chiropractic clinics.
In January 2010 the Collier County Sheriff's Office Organized Crime Bureau began investigating clinics suspected of committing insurance fraud by paying people to become involved in staged, intentional traffic accidents. The objective was for the individuals causing the staged accidents to claim that they were injured and in need of chiropractic care. The clinics were billing insurance companies for the maximum amount allowed for treatment, although little or no treatment actually occurred.
The arrests today are a result of this investigation thus far. CCSO would like to thank the National Insurance Crime Bureau, the Florida Department of Health, Infinity Insurance Company, State Farm Insurance Company, AIG Insurance Company and Liberty Mutual Insurance Company for their assistance in these investigations.
The clinics connected with the arrests are:
•Royal Therapy Center, Inc., 2740 Bayshore Drive
•Medical Cuban American, Inc., 2335 Stanford Court, Suite # 502
•Gulf Coast Therapy & Rehabilitation, Inc., 4131 U.S. 41 E.
•Health Park Chiropractic, Inc., 2795 Davis Blvd., Suite K
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis