|Published:||Jan 04, 2011 6:33 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 04, 2011 3:35 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL-- Cape Coral Police have arrested Lawrence Charles Derby (DOB: 09/12/1968) and charged him with Robbery.
Late last night, the United States Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force received an anonymous tip that Derby was at the Motel 6 located near the intersection of U.S. 41 and Hancock Bridge Parkway.
Officers with the Task Force and Cape Police arrived at the Motel 6 to find Derby sitting on the sidewalk. He was placed under arrest and transported to the Lee County Jail.
At 11:48 a.m., on Friday, December 31, 2010, the Cape Coral Police Department responded to a bank robbery at the BB&T Bank located at 2223 Del Prado Boulevard South. A man came into the bank, handed the teller a note demanding cash and indicating that he had a weapon. He then fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. Witnesses saw the suspect running from the bank and getting into a gold Ford Expedition. Based on evidence collected, Cape detectives developed probable cause for the arrest of Lawrence Charles Derby Jr.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids