|Published:||Jan 03, 2011 7:09 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 03, 2011 12:32 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla. (AP) - Two teenagers face felony charges after pointing a laser light at a police helicopter.
Authorities say the teens were shining the laser pen into the air about 2 a.m. on New Year's Day. Two pilots in a tactical helicopter from the Collier County Sheriff's Office spotted the green laser beam while patrolling about 500 feet in the air.
The pilots were forced back to the hangar. They each suffered ruptured blood vessels in their left eyes and were treated at a local hospital.
Deputies tracked the light to a home where 19-year-old Hidlago Moreno and his 17-year-old friend said they were playing with the laser.
The teens were charged with pointing a laser at an aircraft operator, causing injury. --- Information from: Naples Daily News, http://www.naplesnews.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend