|Published:||Jan 02, 2011 2:37 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 01, 2011 11:38 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - An island ride at Universal Orlando had to be evacuated after a fire broke out.
Park spokesman Tom Schroder says an employee noticed smoke around 5 p.m. Saturday at Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, a log float ride at Universal's Islands of Adventure.
Schroder says staff shut down the ride and evacuated visitors from the surrounding area.
The fire has been extinguished. The ride remains shut down while the blaze is under investigation.
Schroder says the Orlando fire department was assisting a small number of visitors who said they had inhaled smoke, but no major injuries were reported.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone