|Published:||Jan 02, 2011 2:24 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 01, 2011 11:24 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - After struggling for months to have a baby, a Fort Myers family is blessed with a New Year's Day miracle.
Landon Christopher Keith Scott is the first baby of the new year in Southwest Florida. He weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces when he was born at 1:39 in the morning.
Landon is the first child for proud parents Nicole Bray and Christopher Scott.
"He is great. He is quiet. He doesn't cry," Bray said.
"The last couple of days I've been a wreck. She's been a trooper. I'm just happy he is healthy," Scott said.
Bray says the labor was difficult..but that it was worth it.
Landon's parents have been together for six years, and plan on getting married next spring. But for now, they're excited to spend as much time as they can with their new baby boy.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound