|Published:||Jan 02, 2011 2:24 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 01, 2011 11:24 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - After struggling for months to have a baby, a Fort Myers family is blessed with a New Year's Day miracle.
Landon Christopher Keith Scott is the first baby of the new year in Southwest Florida. He weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces when he was born at 1:39 in the morning.
Landon is the first child for proud parents Nicole Bray and Christopher Scott.
"He is great. He is quiet. He doesn't cry," Bray said.
"The last couple of days I've been a wreck. She's been a trooper. I'm just happy he is healthy," Scott said.
Bray says the labor was difficult..but that it was worth it.
Landon's parents have been together for six years, and plan on getting married next spring. But for now, they're excited to spend as much time as they can with their new baby boy.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County