|Published:||Jan 02, 2011 11:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 02, 2011 8:15 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Police are searching for a driver who reportedly limped away from a crash that killed three people in Miami.
Miami Fire Rescue spokesman Lt. Ignatius Carroll says a blue van crashed into a Honda Civic early Sunday in the city's Little Haiti neighborhood.
Shortly before the crash, police had issued an alert about the van, which had been spotted speeding erratically.
Carroll says the car's 23-year-old male driver and two young women in the back seat were killed. A 59-year-old male passenger is hospitalized in serious condition. None of their names have been released.
A witness told investigators that the van's driver abandoned his vehicle and limped away.
Carroll says the car was towed to the medical examiner's office, where the bodies will be removed from the wreckage.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements