|Published:||Jan 01, 2011 2:44 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 31, 2010 9:32 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Michael Plazewski was arrested after police say he burned down a house in his Cape Coral neighborhood.
According to police, he says he started the blaze because it was an eyesore. And a few other neighbors agree.
The home was destroyed six years ago during hurricane Charley. The owners never fixed it up, so neighbors have been looking at the eyesore for awhile.
Tim Moore was excited when he walked outside to find the house burned to the ground.
"It needed to be gone. And whoever did it, ya know they did a good job," said Moore.
Other neighbors were angry, saying the high winds that night could have spread the blaze.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting