|Published:||Dec 31, 2010 9:25 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 31, 2010 2:11 PM EST|
Lee County Sheriff's Office is searching for a suspect in a bank robbery at the RBC Bank on San Carlos Boulevard just north of Summerlin Road.
A helicopter and K-9 units searched for the light skinned black male who entered the bank just before 10am armed with a weapon.
He left by foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
There were five people in the bank at the time. No one was injured during the robbery.
Due to the nature of the incident, detectives assigned to the Robbery Unit are performing an investigation.
Anyone with information on the identity of the person responsible for this crime is asked to call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous and will be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.
Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples