|Published:||Dec 31, 2010 6:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 31, 2010 3:15 PM EST|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Too drunk to drive? Call a tow-truck, for free.
AAA Auto Club South spokeswoman Jessica Brady says drivers who need help getting home this weekend just need to call 1-800-AAA-HELP for a tow and a ride home.
The help is available through Sunday, and a membership with AAA isn't required. Brady says the Tow to Go program is a partnership between AAA Auto Club South and Budweiser.
Brady says that last year, more than 1,200 impaired drivers in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee took advantage of the free tows home.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, alcohol was involved in more than 56 percent of the traffic fatalities in Florida during last year's New Year's holiday.
--- Information from: South Florida Sun Sentinel, http://www.sun sentinel.com
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft