|Published:||Dec 31, 2010 11:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 31, 2010 8:07 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL-- At 11:48 a.m., on Friday, December 31, 2010, the Cape Coral Police Department responded to a bank robbery at the BB&T Bank located at 2223 Del Prado Boulevard South. A man came into the bank, handed the teller a note demanding cash and indicating that he had a weapon. He then fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. Witnesses saw the suspect running from the bank and getting into a gold Ford Expedition.
Officers responded to the area and located an abandoned gold Ford Expedition not far from the scene. Based on evidence collected, Detectives have developed probable cause for the arrest of Lawrence Charles Derby Jr. At this time, his whereabouts are unknown. The Detectives are asking anyone with information to either contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or the Cape Coral Police Department at 574-3223.
Suspect: Lawrence Charles Derby Jr.
1846 Powell Drive Lot 9
North Fort Myers, FL
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash