|Published:||Dec 30, 2010 5:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 30, 2010 2:39 PM EST|
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a South Florida teen accidentally shot his younger sister in the leg.
The Broward Sheriff's Office reports that the 14-year-old boy shot the 10-year-old girl in the leg Wednesday night at a Pompano Beach home.
Fire Rescue transported the girl to a Fort Lauderdale hospital with injuries that didn't appear to be life-threatening.
Deputies are still investigating the circumstances that led to the shooting.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft