|Published:||Dec 30, 2010 6:29 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 30, 2010 1:42 AM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. -
Insurance Fraud Nets 11 Arrests And 3 Pending Arrests
Collier County Sheriff's Office
Posted Date: 12/29/2010 4:30 PM
A yearlong investigation targeting insurance fraud has resulted in 11 arrests and three pending arrests connected with four Collier County chiropractic clinics.
In January 2010 the Collier County Sheriff's Office Organized Crime Bureau began investigating clinics suspected of committing insurance fraud by paying people to become involved in staged, intentional traffic accidents. The objective was for the individuals causing the staged accidents to claim that they were injured and in need of chiropractic care. The clinics were billing insurance companies for the maximum amount allowed for treatment, although little or no treatment actually occurred.
The arrests today are a result of this investigation thus far. CCSO would like to thank the National Insurance Crime Bureau, the Florida Department of Health, Infinity Insurance Company, State Farm Insurance Company, AIG Insurance Company and Liberty Mutual Insurance Company for their assistance in these investigations.
The clinics connected with the arrests are:
•Royal Therapy Center, Inc., 2740 Bayshore Drive
•Medical Cuban American, Inc., 2335 Stanford Court, Suite # 502
•Gulf Coast Therapy & Rehabilitation, Inc., 4131 U.S. 41 E.
•Health Park Chiropractic, Inc., 2795 Davis Blvd., Suite K
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting