|Published:||Dec 30, 2010 5:54 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 30, 2010 2:54 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - The FBI has ended its investigation into the disappearance of a woman who fell from a cruise ship two years ago, citing insufficient evidence to prove a crime was committed.
An FBI spokesmans said Tuesday the agency had been looking into what happened on Christmas night 2008 when 36-year-old Jennifer Ellis-Seitz of Winter Haven allegedly fell from a balcony of the Miami-based Norwegian Pearl.
Ellis-Seitz and her husband, Raymond Seitz, took the cruise to celebrate their first anniversary. Four days after Ellis-Seitz disappeared, her family issued a statement saying she had emotional troubles and likely chose to end her life.
Despite a search by the U.S. Coast Guard, the woman's body was never recovered.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash