|Published:||Dec 29, 2010 2:56 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 28, 2010 9:43 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Deputies have not been allowed to answer any questions about the ongoing investigation into then 4 year-old Pilar Rodriguez' disappearance.
She was vacationing with her babysitter, Melissa Harding Jones, and her boyfriend Keith Wilson.
Rodriguez is presumed dead, although her body was never found.
Court records show several sightings across the country over the years. There was also a chilling phone call into te Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The caller said Pilar is dead, and the "companion" is the prime suspect.
One man said he saw Pilar in a grocery store with Harding Jones, complaining "he hurt me" and holding her genitals.
Harding Jones was arrested earlier this year for aggravated manslaughter. No other charges have been filed in the girl's case.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders