|Published:||Dec 29, 2010 2:56 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 28, 2010 9:43 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Deputies have not been allowed to answer any questions about the ongoing investigation into then 4 year-old Pilar Rodriguez' disappearance.
She was vacationing with her babysitter, Melissa Harding Jones, and her boyfriend Keith Wilson.
Rodriguez is presumed dead, although her body was never found.
Court records show several sightings across the country over the years. There was also a chilling phone call into te Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The caller said Pilar is dead, and the "companion" is the prime suspect.
One man said he saw Pilar in a grocery store with Harding Jones, complaining "he hurt me" and holding her genitals.
Harding Jones was arrested earlier this year for aggravated manslaughter. No other charges have been filed in the girl's case.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation