|Published:||Dec 28, 2010 5:04 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 28, 2010 2:08 PM EST|
MANATEE, Fla. (AP) - A group of unruly teenagers attacked a 27-year-old Marine and his wife who had asked them to be quiet during a Christmas night showing of "Little Fockers."
The attack happened as the couple left the theater near Bradenton Saturday night. Authorities say the fight attracted about 300 bystanders.
Federico Freire, home on leave from Afghanistan, says they left the theater shortly after the teens were asked to leave.
The couple was kicked and punched in the parking lot before a gun-brandishing witness told the crowd to step back just before deputies arrived.
Five teens were arrested, including a 17-year-old who struck a deputy and was stunned by a Taser. The fracas caused the theater manager to close early.
--- Information from: The Bradenton Herald , http://www.bradenton.com
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning