|Published:||Dec 28, 2010 5:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 28, 2010 2:42 PM EST|
Charlotte County Sheriff’s deputies arrested a Charlotte Harbor man after he fired a gun into the upstairs bedroom floor; the bullet came through and hit the kitchen counter where two of his children were. Luckily there were no injuries.
CCSO received a call Monday at 12:42 p.m. about a domestic disturbance involving a firearm at 4145 Riverbank Way. When deputies arrived his wife said she and her husband Philip Nguyen, 44, were arguing and he removed a .380 automatic handgun from their safe. Nguyen fired into the floor and the bullet traveled through and came to rest in the kitchen counter below a few feet away from where his two children, ages 7 and 18 were sitting. A third child, 17, was upstairs at the time of the shot.
Nguyen fled the home with his handgun, got into his vehicle and left the area. A BOLO was issued and at 1:07 p.m. a deputy located him in Punta Gorda at W. Marion Ave. and Goldstein St. Nguyen was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail He is charged with a felony, Discharging a Firearm Within a Dwelling where he remains without bond. CCSO notified the Department of Children and Families.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog