|Published:||Dec 27, 2010 7:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 27, 2010 4:54 PM EST|
Fort Myers woman Ting Pernug was arrested Monday after deputies said she poured cough syrup on her boyfriend and tried to set the bed on fire.
John Szostek called the sheriff's office after Perng said she was going to set their Christmas tree on fire. When he tried to leave the home, Szostek said she grabbed a knife.
When deputies arrived they said Perg appeared intoxicated and very angry. She said that Szostek choked her. The deputy did not find any choke marks on her, but found scratch marks running across Szostek's chest.
According to the police report, Perng also said, “She did not try to burn the bed, she would rather set him on fire.”
Perng was arrested and taken to Lee County jail for domestic violence battery.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral