|Published:||Dec 27, 2010 5:30 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 27, 2010 2:16 AM EST|
LABELLE, Fla- A LaBelle woman was found dead in an abandoned house early Sunday morning on Seminole Avenue, according to the Hendry County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators say the house Pearl Smith, 44, was found in had been vacant for a very long time.
"They are treating it as homicide although they don't know if it's a homicide yet," said Lt. Susan Harrelle of the Hendry County Sheriff's Office.
Smith's family believes she was killed.
"She was bipolar and schizophrenic, but everybody knew she wouldn't harm anybody," said Don Johnson, Smith's brother.
They want the person responsible for her death behind bars.
"We love her dearly, and we hope justice reveals itself," said Smith's brother.
Investigators ordered an autopsy, and hope it will provide them with answers in this case.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- 2nd bear suspected in woman's mauling euthanized
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case