|Published:||Dec 27, 2010 8:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 27, 2010 5:08 PM EST|
Port Charlotte, Dec. 28 – The Business and Professional Woman of Charlotte County (BPW) recently donated $641 to the Center for Abuse and Rape Emergencies (C.A.R.E.), Inc. for individuals and families displaced during the 2010 holiday season. The total included $530 donated by the BPW and $111 raised by Charlotte State Bank employees.
The BPW contributed proceeds from its annual holiday party, held on Dec. 2 at Visani Comedy Dinner Theater in Port Charlotte.
“We felt it was a great cause and we wanted to have a charitable angle to our holiday celebration,” said BPW President Christine Hause, who also serves as Charlotte State Bank Trust & Investment Management Services Vice President and Development Officer. “Having my colleagues at Charlotte State Bank bring their generosity to the cause added an extra special dose of holiday spirit.”
Bank employees contributed by donating $2 each for the privilege of wearing “blue jeans for a cause” on a specified Friday at the bank’s five area offices.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle