|Published:||Dec 27, 2010 7:11 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 27, 2010 4:07 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.-- The ripple effects of the snow storm in the Northeast are being felt here in Southwest Florida.
More than 20 flights out of Southwest Florida International Airport were canceled Monday, and several more were delayed.
Stranded passengers were trying to figure out how to get to their destinations while inquiring about a credit for future airline travel.
Alyssa Smith was trying to get to New York for a concert, but her Jet Blue flight was canceled Monday. Now airline employees are telling her she won't be able to catch a flight until Thursday, December 30th at the earliest.
Roger Lee of Boston held in his hand confirmations for three canceled flights. He was in Southwest Florida to spend Christmas with his father. He says he will probably stick around a play a few rounds of golf with his dad in order to make the best of the situation.
If you are planning on flying out, check with your airline before heading to the airport.
To track the lastest delays at RSW, click here: http://www.flylcpa.com/flightinfo/departures/
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41