|Published:||Dec 24, 2010 11:46 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 24, 2010 8:51 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, FL- A Lehigh Acres woman says she took a job opportunity only to find out, it was a scam.
Sonya Hereford says after searching months for a job unsuccessfully, she got a call from a woman named "Tanya" claiming to be with an employment company.
She offered her a position as a secret shopper.
Hereford received a package in the mail with a check for more than $2600.
She was told, her job was to shop at stores and then answer questions about their products and customer service.
She withdrew $2300, and then the bank called.
Victim Sonja Hereford says, "I said what happened and she said the check bounced, you owe us 2300 dollars.">
Now Hereford says she's stuck having to pay back that money to her bank.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti