|Published:||Dec 24, 2010 6:46 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 23, 2010 9:38 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, FL-Neighbor Keith Adams says, "The entire neighborhood was blocked off by the sheriff's department."
The sheriff's office helicopter circling this Lehigh Acres house near his home, he knew something was wrong, but says he wasn't scared.
Adams says, "If you come in my house, you're not walking out."
Deputies say a few blocks away four boys rang the door bell to this home.
When the homeowner answered, they robbed him at gunpoint of the 12 dollars in his wallet and ran.
Deputies say their K-9's tracked one suspect 14-year-old Ladarius Brown to this home.
The suspect's sister Criscendah Johnson says, "The police came like at 9 O' Clock, and came in the house and said, oh we came to pick up Ladarius , he robbed somebody, I was like what how could he, he was with us, unless we all robbed him with him."
Johnson admits her brother has been arrested for robbery before, but says he was hanging out with the wrong crowd then.
"They're wrong, if a child has done something before in the past and something happens, they don't have probably cause to come and pick that child up. That's not right."
Ladarius will spend 21 days in juvenile detention something his sister says ruins this holiday season for the family.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law