|Published:||Dec 23, 2010 11:40 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 23, 2010 8:41 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla - A special city council meeting is underway.
The meeting will discuss a series of money related topics, which include giving the Mayor's assistant a 5% raise.
She hasn't had a raise in several years and the mayor says she is underpaid for the job she does.
Also on the table for discussion is 11 Cape police officers who received higher salaries for college credits they didn't have.
The council will weigh in on this issue as well as a tentative lawsuit settlement Mayor Sullivan and Councilman Bill Deile have against the UEP.
The Mayor would get a dollar and Deile would get $5,000.
At the start of the meeting the council did something that wasn't on the agenda, they took a vote of confidence in Councilmember Derrick Donnell.
Donnell was suspended from his job as principal at ALC West last week.
The allegations have to do with Donnell being dishonest.
Before the vote of confidence, the council stated they know Donnell to be a man of integrity.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids