|Published:||Dec 23, 2010 12:21 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 22, 2010 3:34 PM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS-- A multiple vehicle crash on US 41 at Strike Lane in Bonita Springs turned fatal on Wednesday.
The preliminary investigation revealed a silver BMW convertible was traveling northbound on South Tamiami Trail when the driver appeared to have suffered an unknown medical event.
As the vehicle continued to travel north, it struck a van which was also traveling north.
After the impact with the van, the BMW convertible crossed the median and traveled onto the southbound lane where it struck a silver BMW head on.
The male driver of the BMW convertible was airlifted and is in serious but stable condition at this time.
The female driver of the BMW died.
The driver of the van was not injured.
Names are being withheld until the family is contacted.
Trust WINK News as we will bring you the latest details.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire