|Published:||Dec 23, 2010 4:42 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 22, 2010 9:28 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Verdino family takes two weeks to put together their massive Christmas display, complete with an outdoor movie projector to show old holiday films to neighborhood kids.
"For me, Christmas isn't about what you get, it's more what you give. So my gift to everyone is being able to put out this display," said Joe Verdino.
But early this morning, a grinch stole the Verdino family's Christmas spirit.
Worst of all, baby Jesus went missing.
Deputies told the Verdinos that several other baby Jesus figures have been swiped from the area.
"Maybe it was religious motives or kid with a prank. I'm still going to be out here with the music, giving candy canes to the kids," said Verdino.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida