|Published:||Dec 22, 2010 1:12 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 21, 2010 6:13 PM EST|
Consumers have only a few days to buy a new, energy efficient air conditioning system, get it installed, and qualify for a 1500-dollar federal tax credit.
"If you have the resources, act now, because this is a great way to get a better a/c system and a tax credit," said home owner Jeff Kuebler of Bonita Springs. He is getting a new unit installed by C and C Heating and Cooling.
"This program means lots of work for my guys. They are going from 7:30 in the morning til 7 at night. They are putting food on the table," said C and C owner Conan McQuaid.
The deadline to get an energy efficient unit installed and get the tax credit is Dec. 31. "A person had better call by Christmas to get scheduled," said sales mgr. Mike Hendershott of Home Tech in Lee County. "After that, we will fill the slots available to install a unit next week. After December 31, the tax credit ends."
The tax credit is designed to get people to invest in new, more efficient air systems. They must have a 14 SEER -- seasonal energy efficient ratio -- to qualify for the tax credit.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- New anti-fraud group forms in Collier County