|Published:||Dec 22, 2010 4:55 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 22, 2010 1:55 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A Miami woman was arrested for leaving her disabled son unattended at SeaWorld Orlando.
Rosa Pou was charged Monday with neglect of a disabled person and resisting an officer without violence.
Orange County Sheriff's deputies say the 44-year-old woman left her adult son by himself for an hour in a sandbox area of the theme park's playground.
Deputies say the son has mental disabilities. They initially thought he was 8 years old based on his size.
Pou told deputies that she had left her son under the supervision of her daughter. The daughter told investigators that she left her brother at the playground because he refused to go with her.
The son was turned over to the care of his father.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Whales stranded in Fla.: From despair to optimism
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added