|Published:||Dec 22, 2010 12:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 21, 2010 9:13 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, FL-A mother comes home to find that a Grinch has broken in and stolen Christmas presents from her Lehigh Acres home.
That's not all, the family's freezer is emptied as well.
It may look like a normal day in this home, but Nicole Periord says someone broke in Monday and stole the Christmas gifts she had bought for her four children.
She says, "I was just like, their presents are gone, everything's gone!"
The single mother says she had just picked up her uncle from the hospital.
"I noticed the back door was cracked open a little bit and I was like somebody done broke in."
The presents were missing but that's not all.
"The police leave I got to fix something to eat, and there's no food! All the food's gone!"
She says thieves also took painkillers, a social security card, and money orders from this dresser that Periord says were supposed to go toward utilities and rent.
Periord's cousin Will Henry says, "I don't know how to break it down to a kid that their Christmas might be gone."
Four year old Isiah says he already knows.
"Somebody took my presents, I'm going to kick them in they face!"
Anger, his family feels too.
Henry says, "To come here and steal from little kids. These kids are sitting around crying."
While Periord says she's grateful a local church donated food and a few gifts, she can't stop being upset.
"It hurts me because they're hurting."
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students