|Published:||Dec 21, 2010 12:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 21, 2010 9:33 AM EST|
Lee County Fla. Busy travel days are just ahead with Christmas this weekend....
So what are some things you should be aware of to keep your trip smooth sailing?
Kyle Jordan joins us live from Southwest Florida International Airport with your travel tips for this Christmas.
At 10:30 this morning the TSA will be holding a news conference to talk about ways to experience less stress as you prepare to fly.
But this morning we know there are several things you can do to help you get through the line faster.
And it starts with packing.
Before you leave to head to the airport -- pack smart.
Pack an organized carry on bag using layers.
Sometimes even innocent items can appear to be potential threats in an x-ray image -- simply by the way they are packed.
Leave your oversized electronics like laptops in your carry on.
Prepare your one quart sized clear bags of liquids at home.
Pack all your coats and jackets in your check luggage when possible.
Do not wrap gifts.
If you still use film to take pictures--take it with you in your carry on.
If your film is faster than 800 speed tell the person at security.
They will check it -- but you will by pass the x- ray machine.
Most importantly -- when it doubt -- go without.
For more tips head to :
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop