|Published:||Dec 21, 2010 10:32 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 21, 2010 7:37 PM EST|
GENEVA, Ala. (AP) - Florida investigators have charged a man in connection with a missing woman, whose burned car was found in southeast Alabama with a body inside.
The sheriff of Holmes County, Fla., Tim Brown, said Tuesday that 34-year-old Johnny Mac Calhoun of Black, Ala., was charged with tampering with evidence. He said the charge stems from a missing person report on Mia Chay Brown, 24, of Bonifay, Fla., and more charges may be filed.
The sheriff in Geneva County, Ala., Greg Ward, said a burned Toyota Avalon believed to be Brown's was found Monday in a wooded area of Oak Grove and a body was in the trunk. Forensic experts are working to identify the body.
Brown was last seen Thursday at a food store where she worked in Esto, Fla.
--- Information from: The Dothan Eagle, http://www.dothaneagle.com
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis