|Published:||Dec 17, 2010 10:23 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 17, 2010 7:23 PM EST|
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama has signed an $858 billion tax bill he negotiated with Republicans. He praised the new law as a boost for the middle class.
The package extends Bush-era tax cuts for two years, including tax rates for the wealthy that Obama had vowed to let expire. The deal includes a 13-month extension of jobless benefits for the out-of-work, and a nearly one-third cut in payroll taxes that finance Social Security.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba