|Published:||Dec 17, 2010 10:23 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 17, 2010 7:23 PM EST|
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama has signed an $858 billion tax bill he negotiated with Republicans. He praised the new law as a boost for the middle class.
The package extends Bush-era tax cuts for two years, including tax rates for the wealthy that Obama had vowed to let expire. The deal includes a 13-month extension of jobless benefits for the out-of-work, and a nearly one-third cut in payroll taxes that finance Social Security.
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys