|Published:||Dec 16, 2010 1:03 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 15, 2010 7:45 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla. - Police say a man ran out of a restaurant with a toys-for-tots donation box, which inside had between $200-$400 for the organization.
According to a police report, employees at the Clock Restaurant in Naples noticed a customer hanging around the front register during closing time.
When employees returned 5 minutes later the customer and their donation box were gone.
The restaurant had been collecting donations for 2 1/2 months, concluding with a fundraiser over the weekend.
Naples Police are currently investigating and no arrests have been made.
Toys-for-tots plans to pass out toys to over 4,000 kids this weekend, and say the money would have bought 35 toys to be passed out.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti