|Published:||Dec 10, 2010 8:29 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2010 5:30 PM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla - On Thursday the board of directors of St. Matthew’s House approved a sales contract for the purchase of the Causeway Lumber site at 28200 Old 41 Road in Bonita Springs for a proposed homeless facility.
The contract on the 8.8-acre site is expected to close within six months. The purchase price was not disclosed.
In the immediate future, St. Matthew’s House is seeking input from social service organizations to discuss mutual opportunities to better meet the needs of the underserved in Bonita Springs and South Lee County.
Groundbreaking on the proposed 60-bed facility is not expected until December 2012. Construction is estimated to take approximately 12 months.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.