|Published:||Dec 10, 2010 8:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2010 5:27 PM EST|
ALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have arrested a Key West man on charges he used Facebook to sexually harass sorority pledges at Louisiana State University.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said Friday that 27-year-old Mitchell W. Hill also was a suspect in similar cases at schools in Florida and possibly other states.
Hill was arrested Thursday on a Louisiana warrant charging him with video voyeurism and extortion of female students.
Florida authorities said someone using the name "Marissa" and "Lexie" on Facebook claimed to be part of victims' pledging process. The women said he asked them for explicit photographs and taunted them.
Hill's lawyer did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney asks Fla. AG to investigate Winston case
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776