|Published:||Dec 08, 2010 8:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 08, 2010 5:08 PM EST|
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says economists predict higher job growth in 2011 and 2012 if Congress passes a tax deal he negotiated with Republicans.
He's urging lawmakers to examine the details of the deal and "get this done." He's also dispatched Vice President Biden to lobby members of Congress on the issue.
House Democratic leaders say the tax package Obama negotiated with Republican leaders is tilted too much in favor of the wealthy.
They're putting Obama on the defensive as the deal picks up support among GOP lawmakers and business groups.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral