|Published:||Dec 08, 2010 7:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 08, 2010 4:52 PM EST|
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Netflix will stream hundreds of episodes of popular ABC and Disney television shows online. That's the result of the company's latest deal to ramp up streaming services to customers hungry for immediate access to content.
Netflix says its contract with Disney-ABC Television Group includes prior season episodes of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," "Desperate Housewives" and "Brothers and Sisters" as well as every episode of "Lost," "Ugly Betty" and "Scrubs." The Disney Channel's "Hannah Montana" also is among the shows offered, as well as ABC Family's "Greek" and "The Secret Life of the American Teenager." Subscribers will have access to TV movies that aired on the Disney Channel and ABC Family, including the popular "High School Musical" and its sequel.
The companies said that new episodes will hit Netflix at least 15 days after they air on television for the first time.
Netflix, based in Los Gatos, Calif., recently announced a subscriber plan that lets people watch movies and shows over the Internet only, starting at $7.99 per month.
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county