|Published:||Dec 08, 2010 7:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 08, 2010 4:52 PM EST|
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Netflix will stream hundreds of episodes of popular ABC and Disney television shows online. That's the result of the company's latest deal to ramp up streaming services to customers hungry for immediate access to content.
Netflix says its contract with Disney-ABC Television Group includes prior season episodes of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," "Desperate Housewives" and "Brothers and Sisters" as well as every episode of "Lost," "Ugly Betty" and "Scrubs." The Disney Channel's "Hannah Montana" also is among the shows offered, as well as ABC Family's "Greek" and "The Secret Life of the American Teenager." Subscribers will have access to TV movies that aired on the Disney Channel and ABC Family, including the popular "High School Musical" and its sequel.
The companies said that new episodes will hit Netflix at least 15 days after they air on television for the first time.
Netflix, based in Los Gatos, Calif., recently announced a subscriber plan that lets people watch movies and shows over the Internet only, starting at $7.99 per month.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer