|Published:||Dec 08, 2010 10:19 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 08, 2010 7:20 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - Detectives are searching for two people suspected of swiping a purse from a vehicle, only to return it return it a short time later minus the money.
On November 16, 2010, deputies were called to the CVS located at 15050 North Cleveland Avenue, North Fort Myers, in reference to a burglary and grand theft. The victim told detectives she left her purse in her vehicle while she shopped at CVS with friends. The window of the vehicle is broken and does not roll up.
When the victim returned to the vehicle, she discovered her purse was missing. A short time after the incident, a female returned to the store with the purse in hand telling the manager she had mistakenly taken the purse, believing the purse belonged to her sister. The manager asked the female to stay, but the female refused and abruptly left the store.
Deputies contacted the victim, who returned to the CVS to get her purse. At that time, the victim noticed that everything was in her purse, except for her wallet and an undisclosed amount of cash.
Store surveillance shows a female and male walking into the store together during the timeframe of the crime. Detectives are interested in speaking with them. If you can identify either or both of these individuals, call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1000. Or to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft