|Published:||Dec 08, 2010 9:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 08, 2010 6:04 PM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Police say two masked gunmen attempting to rob a Gulf coast area game parlor ended up in a shootout, with one of them killed and the other injured.
At least one customer was also shot in Tuesday's shootout, but nothing was stolen.
Authorities identified the gunman who was killed as 29-year-old Robert Lee Dawson and the injured man as 23-year-old Lathierio M. Golden.
Authorities say Golden fled but later went to get treatment at a hospital. Police arrested him on charges including second-degree felony-murder and armed robbery.
Police are looking for the patron who fired shots at the gunmen. Authorities say that person will likely not face criminal charges.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim