|Published:||Dec 08, 2010 9:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 08, 2010 6:04 PM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Police say two masked gunmen attempting to rob a Gulf coast area game parlor ended up in a shootout, with one of them killed and the other injured.
At least one customer was also shot in Tuesday's shootout, but nothing was stolen.
Authorities identified the gunman who was killed as 29-year-old Robert Lee Dawson and the injured man as 23-year-old Lathierio M. Golden.
Authorities say Golden fled but later went to get treatment at a hospital. Police arrested him on charges including second-degree felony-murder and armed robbery.
Police are looking for the patron who fired shots at the gunmen. Authorities say that person will likely not face criminal charges.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge