|Published:||Dec 06, 2010 3:34 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2010 12:34 AM EST|
IMMOKALEE, Fla. - Collier County deputies are investigating the drowning death of man in Immokalee on Sunday evening.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office says a 27 year old man jumped into the water near Lincoln Boulevard and Franklin Court to try to retrieve a lost fishing net. A Sheriff's Office spokesperson say the man did not know how to swim.
Deputies have not identified the victim.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop