|Published:||Dec 04, 2010 4:42 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2010 11:36 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - The cold nights are having a chilling effect on those served by The Salvation Army of Lee, Hendry and Glades Counties.
As a result of overnight temperatures in the 40’s this week The Salvation Army has run out of blankets, jackets, sweaters and gloves and has nothing more to hand out to people who come to us to stay warm.
With overnight temperatures forecast to drop even lower next week the situation is only expected to get worse.
If you are able please bring cold weather donations to any of the following locations:
Family Store South:
15418 South Tamiami Trail
Fort Myers, FL
M-F 10-9 Sat. 9-8
Family Store Cape Coral
4506 Del Prado Blvd.
Cape Coral, FL
M-F 10-6 Sat. 9-5
10291 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL
Red Shield Lodge
2400 Edison Avenue
Fort Myers, Fl
24 Hour Facility
Bonita Springs Office (Jackets only)
25221 Bernwood Dr., Suite 2
Bonita Springs, FL
Please call (239) 948-5200
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim