|Published:||Dec 04, 2010 12:38 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2010 9:39 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, FL- A Lehigh Acres home, burglarized and flooded.
The family who lives there, is still in shock.
"They broke the toilet on the other side."
Floors covered in toilet water. Dozens of holes punched in the walls. Matai Matos came home yesterday to find her house in pieces.
"I don't know why, why?! This is the question, why?!
Matos says she went to the airport to pick up her husband, and they came home to this.
"I saw the disaster in the house, everything is missing, my television, my video games, my mother's mother. Many, many things."
All together deputies tell WINK News, 27 thousand dollars in televisions, computers, and photography equipment was taken, among other things.
The couple, along with their 9- year old son, says they moved to Lehigh Acres to get away from Mexico, which they say, had gotten too dangerous.
Now they are considering moving back.
"We can't believe it, we can't believe it."
With Christmas around the corner, Matos says she's afraid her son, whose room was not spared in the theft, will be the one who suffers most.
To the thieves, she makes a plea.
"Return my son's things please, that is what I want."
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays