|Published:||Dec 04, 2010 9:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 04, 2010 6:27 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Coral firefighters rescued an elderly man from his burning home on Friday night.
Firefighters responded to fire just before 11pm at a home on the 1500 block of NE 17th Avenue, finding the home fully engulfed in flames.
Police say the rescued man suffered "significant" burns and was taken to the burn unit at Tampa General Hospital. Two other people were in the home at the time of the fire. Police one suffered minor burns, the other refused treatment. A small dog was also rescued from the home.
The State Fire Marshal's office is investigating the cause of the fire. A damage estimate is unknown.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman