|Published:||Dec 04, 2010 9:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 04, 2010 6:48 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Coral police closed down an elaborate grow house operation Friday night, making one arrest.
Officers were following up on a lead involving a large amount of cocaine stored at a home on the 4900 block of SW 25th Place. After running surveillance on the home, police served a search warrant and discovered two rooms filled with an elaborate marijuana growing operation. One room was hidden in a crawl space under a staircase, and the second room was located in an attic above the master bedroom. The two rooms contained 37.65 pounds of marijuana. Detectives also found 2.34 pounds of cocaine, nearly a kilogram.
Three people were arrested inside two vehicles leaving the home. Police arrested Pablo Jorge Machado, 52, on charges of trafficking cocaine and marijuana.
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'